This post is from the series “Boost eCommerce Sales and Leads”.
In celebration of my new book, I am releasing these audio blogs to help you increase your eCommerce conversion rates…
Having a great shopping cart is essential to improving conversion. Along with the checkout process, most of your visitors will likely need to pass through this page before completing a sale. This is one of the first sections of an e-commerce store that we help improve. It is very important to make this page simple and clear of what to do next.
- Add a “shop with confidence” box. A box that tells people exactly about your company in just a couple of bullets is a great way to increase conversion. A classic “shop with confidence” box will have the following details:
- Money-back guarantee
- How long you’ve been in business
- A secure online payment process
- A no-hassle return policy
- How fast their item(s) will ship
- Remove navigation. On your shopping cart page, remove navigation. The main intent of the shopping cart page is to get people to review the items before they checkout. Having less links on the page will get more people to the checkout process.
- Clear check-out button. A clear check-out button on the page will get people to the next step. This button should be in the same placement as all the other buttons in your checkout process.
- Add a secure symbol. Adding a lock symbol tells people that the process is secure and increases the credibility of your shopping cart page.
- Show payment methods. Show icons for the credits and other payment methods that you offer. This will ensure that your customers know how they are able to pay.
- Offer PayPal. When offering PayPal express, you can have customers skip your checkout process and use the version from PayPal.
- Give the shipping cost. Tell people how much shipping is going to be for their items on this page. This will help people know the final amount before starting checkout process.